Statue Honoring "Our Confederate Heroes"
Chatham County Courthouse, Pittsboro, North Carolina. "The Confederate Monument sits in front of the Chatham County Courthouse was dedicated on August 23, 1907 in a ceremony attended by about 4,000. Mrs. Henry A. London, president of the Winnie Davis Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, was especially honored because she labored for three and a half years, writing 1600 letters, to obtain the statue."
CourthouseLate VictorianNorth CarolinaPittsboroarchitecture