Tarpon Springs Railroad Depot
Tarpon Springs (Florida) Railroad Depot. In 1909 the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad opened a brand new brick depot to replace the wooden one built in 1887 that was destroyed by fire in 1908. For decades it served as the center of transportation and communication for Tarpon Springs. Today it houses The Tarpon Springs Area Historical Society.