The Anderson-Frank House (also known as the James Buchannan Anderson House,) in the Hyde Park section of Tampa, Florida. James Buchanan Anderson was born in Baltimore in 1852. He came to Tampa in 1891 to serve as pastor of the First Methodist Church. In 1893 he resigned to accept a position as receiver for Tampa's Gulf National Bank. The house was designed by architect Francis J. Kennard and built in 1898. The imposing Queen Anne mansion was rendered in brick, granite and marble and boasted a ballroom on the third floor, where Anderson's daughters gave dance lessons.
FloridaOld HouseQueen AnneTampaVictorianarchitecture