The Thursby House located at Blue Springs State Park in Orange City, Florida was constructed in 1872. The house is a two-story frame structure built from three kinds of center-cut pine that had been milled in Savannah, Ga., and transported by boat to the site. Louis P. Thursby and his family settled on the inlet to Blue Springs, on the St. Johns river in 1856. Shortly after his arrival, he constructed one of the first steamboat landings and planted one of the first orange groves on the upper St. Johns River.
FloridaHistoricalOld HouseOrange City